By Piet Ganzer
How do you launch a new product successfully? With New Product Introduction (NPI) which includes a series of critical steps to turn an idea into fully realized product. Successful NPI emphasizes four key pillars:
- A well-established NPI process
- Strong project management skills
- Design excellence
- Manufacturing process excellence
New Product Introduction Process
At SIGMADESIGN, we diligently follow these 4 key pillars of NPI in order to maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction. We crafted our NPI process from industry best practices from across a range of industries, using the framework of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
Strong Project Management Skills
The NPI process is facilitated by strong project management skills. Our team holds 86 years of combined product expertise spanning a wide range of industries. These include: aerospace, consumer goods, health and fitness products, medical devices, electronics, telecommunications, embedded firmware and software as well as defense and military electronics.
Design excellence stems from our expert mechanical, systems, software, firmware, electrical, and industrial design engineers, all of whom have experience working with Fortune 50 companies. Currently, we work with 4 out of the top 10 largest companies in the world. Design excellence also involves:
- concept generation and selection
- product architecture
- detail design
- test and validation and design iteration
Manufacturing Process Excellence
Finally, the fourth pillar for successful NPI is manufacturing process excellence. A few areas where SIGMADESIGN excels in this area includes:
- DFM reviews as part of the design process
- Experience building prototype lines prior to transfer to the contract manufacturer (CM)
- Support for design and/or manufacturing transfer to CMs around the globe
- small to mid-volume manufacturing capability in-house
- established supply chain across a range of industries
If you would like to learn more about how to launch your product successfully, contact us at 360.693.2600 or contact us via our contact form. We’d enjoy the opportunity to discuss your project.